Your basic job standard is to grow the sales of the portfolio of brands for which you are responsible. You are responsible for sales, promotions, special events, incentives, new product introductions, distribution, and inventory of your brands.
- College Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years’ experience in sales in the beer industry, with supplier or wholesaler
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong P & L experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently.
- Understanding of basic financial metrics such as gross profit and days’ supply
- Ability to work with a team and motivate others
- Develop strategies and tactics to support profitable growth of assigned brands
- Develop and manage the execution of Annual Business Plans for assigned brands
- Develop and manage marketing budgets for each supplier, including POS, incentives, and special events
- Lead and motivate the sales team to accomplish objectives
- Work with suppliers and sales to identify key accounts/markets for specific products/brands
- Work with suppliers and management on pricing and distribution strategies
- Manage supplier inventory; includes recommending products, packages, order quantities and managing days of supply
- Lead product launches or line extensions as well as SKU rationalization for assigned brands
- Work in market with key accounts/markets to determine additional opportunities for assigned brands
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee assigned to this position will be expected to perform other reasonably related business duties as requested by management.
Mitchell Distributing Co., Inc. reserves the right to revise or otherwise change this job standard as the need arises.