OPEN – Class A CDL Driver
**Please note - Chesapeake Beverage is not currently hiring for this position, but will accept applications** .
Please see below for the link to the job posting. As stated, Chesapeake Beverage is NOT CURRENTLY HIRING for this position.
The primary functions of this position is to safely drive a commercial vehicle and manually unload a variety of products using a hand truck while maneuvering up and down a metal ramp and treating our customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Deliver product in an efficient and effective manner adhering to an assigned delivery schedule.
- Keep open communication with the sales team and office of any obstacle that may arise on the route.
- Create, develop and maintain a good relationship with assigned accounts.
- Make sure that each of your accounts knows you and your helper’s proper name.
- Provide customer with a complete invoice of delivery and collect any money that is due on COD deliveries.
- Contact management for authorization of any invoice discrepancies.
- Safeguard company property and money as if it was your personal property.
- Operate company provided vehicle in accordance with company safety policies & procedures.
- Perform pre and post trip inspections and fill out required D.O.T. paperwork daily.
- Report any accident immediately using the proper documentation.
- Keep assigned delivery vehicle neat and clean on a daily basis.
- Maintain a current class A or B CDL and inform your supervisor regarding any changes or violations immediately.
- Maintain a current D.O.T. physical card